Hett Patel English 8 Memoir September 11, 2020

Hett Patel

English 8

Ms. Gibson

11 September 2020

When I Cut my Thumb and got Stitches Memoir

When I was 4 years old, I cut my thumb on my right hand on a can because I tried to open it. Why did it try to open it using my hands? I don’t know. I guess I was just plain dumb. The only people that were home were me and my oldest sister. I put my thumb in my mouth thinking it was just another small cut, but my mom asked me why I had my thumb in my mouth. I showed her my thumb and she screamed. We rushed to the E.R. as quickly as possible. If you pulled my thumb back even a little, you can see the bone. I thought of how my blood had tasted and it wasn’t that bad but that went out of my mind when my sister kept on pulling my thumb back to see the bone. It hurt a lot. When we got to the E.R., I was passed out. I don’t know how long I have been there, but I was scared. I had to keep this hard bandage thing on for about a month and I have to keep the stitches clean. If you press down hard enough where the stitches were, my thumb, hand, arm, and a little bit of my side. Side of my body would be in pain. I regret that very moment.