Reading Letter 3

Spencer White

9/12/2020

Hello Ms. Gibson

A Young People’s History of The United States

Page 1 to page 56

A Young People’s History of The United States is a non-fiction book about the history of the United States of America and about how the history of America has been radically glorified. The first section of this book is centered around the settlers of America. These settlers and explorers had taken forcefully taken land from various Native Americans and killed many in the process. The second chapter of the book describes the aftermath of the colonization of America and slavery.

I have been really enjoying this book because it describes in detail what I may not have learned before in previous history classes. One small thing I don’t like about this book is how the pictures are laid out. Like many other books, A Young People’s History of The United States will take one or two pages and take up the entire page with an image. This would be fine if not for the fact that the pages before these pictures mostly do not end in a sentence, usually ending in the middle of a sentence, making it difficult to look at the picture and then keep reading. This means that, for me at least, it’s hard to remember exactly what the last page said in the last sentence, which makes it hard to read the page after the image. However, this is a nitpick and I enjoy the other aspects of the book very much.

I apologize for the late submission, I forgot to turn it in yesterday

One thought on “Reading Letter 3

1. Hey Spencer,
    I know what you mean by that putting part of the sentence on the prior page. It sounds like it would have been better to shrink the pic and give a bit more text.
    MsG