High Heat

Chance Rose

September 18, 2020

High Heat 

Carl Deuker 

Pages 180-192

I didn’t read that many pages this week but a lot happened, first of all Shane had blown another game. After the game he had blown his coach told him that the kid that Shane hit is playing for the first time since Shane had hit him. When Shane got home he took a shower got dressed then rode his bike all the way to where his old school was playing to watch Reese. Reeses first At Bat didn’t go so well, strikeout, second at bat, skrikout and his third and final at bat, strike out, so quickly Shane realized he wasn’t playing the same either. The next day before the game coach walked up to Shane and told him they are going to try out a new pitcher.

I feel really bad for Shane and Reese because they are way worse they might not get any college offers. I also feel bad for Shanes mom, she never gets to see her kids because of work and it has to be really hard going from never having to work to working 12 hours. I am really glad that Shanes little sister named Mariam made a friend and they hang out almost everyday. Shanes coach moved Shane into the outfield so I think Shane is going to do good but I’m not sure if he is going to hit good because pitchers don’t hit ever. I also think Reese will get back into hitting really good but will always be scared of inside pitches and never be good at hitting them. My prediction stays the same from last time, I think shanes team will play reeses team in the State Championship 

One thought on “High Heat

1. Hey Chance,
    I agree with you about how the mom is missing so much. Sometimes that happens when parents have to work so much. Not all of them can take the time to be at all their kids’ events. Makes it hard for all!
    MsG