reading letter tom sawyer- fatima

Fatima Aslam

October 29, 2020

Ms.Gibson

English 8

Summary: In chapters 17-21 in chapter 17; while Tom, Joe, and Huck were being pirates a huge storm hit them, in chapter 18 the three boys run in on their own funerals. For chapter 19 Tom tells Aunt Polly how he had this dream about visiting her and Sid but it actually was not a dream and Tom did not want to tell her the truth because he felt guilty. For chapters 20 and 21 Tom and Becky have some issues, they both try to make the other one jealous but in the inside they really like each other; Becky starts talking to Alfred and Tom starts talking to Amy just to make each other mad. Then Alfred spills ink on Tom’s spelling book because he figured out he was being used, later Tom ends up getting whipped for the incident. The same day Becky was curious about Mr.Dobbins secret book, she found out that this book is about anatomy and Tom watches her commit the crime of accidentally tearing the page. Tom also takes the blame for tearing the book, in Beckys’ eyes Tom is so noble.

Reflection: I really enjoyed reading about Tom, Huck, and Joe’s adventures when they wanted to be pirates, I also enjoy reading about Tom and Beckys’ tiny problems. I think reading about Tom and Beckys’ relationship relates a lot to real life and how people do act when they are in relationships even if you are just friends. I can relate to Tom felling guilty about the mistakes he’s made in the past and how he felt really bad for Aunt Polly, I can relate because whenever I make mistakes and it involves other people feeling bad, it wants to make you feel even worse. I find it pleasant reading about Tom and his school days.

One thought on “reading letter tom sawyer- fatima

1. Hi Fatima,
    I also like how Tom does begin to mature and understand the actions do have consequences. So many of his escapades could have really injured people, but he just wants to have fun.
    MsG