Reading Letter Q3 Week 1

Matthew Whitworth

January 24, 2020

Hello Ms. Gibson,

The Prince Warriors

Priscilla Shirer

Page 1 to Page 63

Summary:

In this portion of the book, we meet the people that are important to this story. The four main characters are Xavier, Evan, Levi, and Brianna. We also see a mythical place called Ahoratos. Xavier, Evan, Levi, and Brianna have seen a strange symbol in their dreams. When they finally see the symbol in real life and reach out to touch it, they are transported into a new world called Ahoratos. When each character gets to the strange land, they are faced with different challenges. For example, they are faced with an enemy launching lightning bolts at them and creating a giant sand monster to attack them. When they finally get to the safety of the Cave, a place underneath a lake that is dry, they meet a strange creature called Rumach. He fits them with armor to get them ready for battle against an enemy that they don’t know about yet.

Response:

This is the first book in an ongoing series. Overall, I like this portion of the book. I like that it is written in first person and follows the main characters and their adventures. I like how detailed the writer is in explaining these different places. It makes it easy for the reader to visualize what the different places of this strange world look like. I dislike that this book follows multiple people with little acknowledgement about which character the reader is now following. This makes the book a little bit harder to follow at times. This book is split up into chapters; most of the time, this is because the reader is going to a new storyline or to a new character that we have not been to in a while. I would recommend reading this book to a person that likes adventure stories.

Sincerely,

Matthew Whitworth