Reading Letter Q3 Week 1

Quana Alaimo

January 24, 2021

Hello Ms.Gibson,

The Paladin Prophecy 

Mark Frost

Page 1 to page 96

Summary:

Will was on his walking to school when he notices a black SUV has been following him for a while. Will ends up running away from the men chasing him and arrives at school. At school, Will finds out that he excelled in some strange test that he took a couple months ago, Will found out that he was excepted to the Center for Integrated Learning in Wisconsin. When Will gets home his mother seems oddly blank and absent. Will gets a video from his father where his father is locked up in a hotel room telling Will to leave the city immediately. Will escapes from his mother and takes the first flight to Wisconsin to go to the Center for Integrated Learning.

Response:

This is the first book of a 3 book series. I really enjoyed this part of the book because the beginning wasn’t boring to read. I like how the author packed the book full of action to make you want to keep reading instead of having a dull beginning of the book. The character development is really well planned out as well, in the very beginning Will was always scared but now he isn’t afraid of all the things he used to be afraid of. I hope that Will makes friends or someone he can trust at his new school because right now in the book he doesn’t really have anyone to talk to. The author points out a lot that Will only lives in a neighborhood for a couple months at a time then he moves away to a new place. I think its weird how his parents are always moving because the author said it wasn’t because of their jobs. Will also has never had any friends before since he moves so much, so he really only has had his parents his whole life but his mother is acting strange and his father has been taken away, so now he doesn’t have anyone that he can trust.