Student Writing #4-3rd Quarter-Brianna

Life in Alaska

It is going to be a long day for my family and me. Today we are going to town to buy the essentials. Before we take off, I will tell you a little bit about my family. My family consists of me, my mom, my dad, and a lot of animals. We have 5 dogs and two adorable cats, Tabitha and Moses. We live in a small town in Alaska. Our house is a small log cabin with one level. I love life in Alaska because you can eat tons of fish. Now back to our day.

First we bundle up because the air in Alaska is very cold and crisp. Next we hitch up the team of dogs. There are five dogs in our team. My favorite is the leader, Rya, but I love all the dogs. Then my family gets into the sled and off we go. Swish swish, swash swash, swish swash, swish swash. After a long time in the sled we are frozen, but are warmed by the sight of the town ahead. The dogs push on a little more. Swish swash, swish swash. Finally we arrive in the town.

After hitching the dogs up inside a building (to keep them warm), we head out to the stores. Shopping in Alaska isn’t that fun. There are not many choices. First we go clothing shopping, and then we get more towels, sheets, and other like items. After that we check on the dogs and go to get a bite to eat. There is an amazing hamburger place that makes their burgers out of elk. Yum! After filling up, we go food shopping and stock up on flour, sugar, salt, and all other food essentials. Now it is time to head back home. We hitch up the dogs and off we go. Swish swish, swash swash, swish swash, swish swash. What a great day!

One thought on “Student Writing #4-3rd Quarter-Brianna

1. Brianna,

This is a very good story! It is really interesting, and easy to get in to. Job well done!

Sam