Kodi J. Reading Letter #3, Quarter 4

Title: Beijing

Author: No Author Listed

Pg 1-96 of 96

This book talked about Beijing, China and all of the fascinating buildings there. Beijing is the capital of the People’s Republic of China.  At the beginning of the book, they talked about the Forbidden City which was the imperial palace to monarchs during the Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1644). They also showed some nice photos of the Great Wall which is considered one of the seven architectural wonders of the world. It took over 2,000 years to build it. Also in the book were some of the buildings from the 2008 Beijing Olympic games–the Water Cube where all of the aquatic events took place and the Bird’s Nest (National Stadium) where the opening/closing ceremonies and track and field was held.

This book had a lot of great photos which made Beijing seem really cool and fascinating. It made me want to go their someday. It was really hard to read this book because it was written in 7  different languages–Chinese, English, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish and another language I couldn’t identify.  I wonder what the other six architectural wonders of the world are because the Great Wall is really neat. A lot of the buildings in China are all different shapes like domes, cones and pyramids. My mom just returned from a week in China and she said that is really how the buildings in Beijing look. She visited the Silk Market which is also pictured in the book and brought back a ton of souvenirs. She talked a lot about the gross food they found on Wangfujing Street which is mentioned in the book. Though she didn’t eat any of it, she took lots of great pictures of nasty stuff on a stick–silkworms, seahorses, snakes, even live scorpions. This book was so interesting that I gave it a five out of five. I recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn about Beijing, China.

One thought on “Kodi J. Reading Letter #3, Quarter 4

1. Kodi, this is a really good reading letter. But next time maybe you should put the editor if there are no authors. Great overall reading letter, though.