Reading Letter #3- Anna T- quarter 4

Dear John
Nicholas Sparks
Anna Turner

I am reading the book, Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. I love it so far. It is about a guy named John who is in the Army. He is stationed in Germany and is on his summer leave. He goes home to North Carolina to be with his dad. One of the days while he is surfing, a girl dropped her bag into the ocean. He went to get it for her when no one would. They sat down to talk and she invited him over for dinner, her name is Savannah. She’s in North Carolina volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. She lives at a house with other college-age students who are also building houses for Habitat for Humanity. Her and John have an instant connection and begin to see each other everyday. This continues and they grow closer everyday. As John’s leave is ending, they are really starting to become close. When John goes back to Germany, they send letter back and forth and talk on the phone very often. It’s hardest on Savannah because she has to try to live normal life without the man she loves and knowing his job is dangerous one. This is where I left off and I am excited to keep reading.