Reading letter

Nathan Wu

August 29, 2020

Dear Ms. Gibson,

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

J.K. Rowling

Page 50 – 80

Summary:

In the beginning of the book, Harry just left the Dursley’s house due to accidentally using magic against Aunt Marge. They were making fun of Harry’s parents which caused him to make her float like a balloon. Harry feared the ministry of magic would expel him from Hogwarts. While on the dark street, he sees a huge dog staring at him and was stunned back. Then a purple triple layer bus emerges from nowhere. The conductor introduces himself as Stan Shunpike and is the conductor for the Knight Bus. The Knight bus leaches forward in frantic driving to the leaky cauldron.

Response :

I loved this scene, because I knew later on that the huge dog would actually be Sirius black, Harry’s Grandfather. I also liked reading the section about the knight bus and its hectic driving through the streets. I thought it was funny to, because no muggles “ non – magical people“ could see them even though the bus was breaking all the rules for normal driving. This section about the knight bus really mad “magical” part true. I also thought how amusing it was such that the muggles had no clue what was going on around them. I wonder how the normal people would react if they saw the bus’s frenzied driving around the city. While rereading the series I love the wizarding world (except for the part where there are evil wizards).

One thought on “Reading letter

1. Hey Nathan,
    Sirius is Harry’s godfather, the person who at baptism is appointed to help care for the spiritual side if something happens to the parents. I also knew the dog would be Sirius. I love how it builds to them finally meeting later on.
    MsG