Reading Letter

Sophia Sechler

September 21, 2020

Dear Ms. Gibson,

How to Disappear

Sharon Huss Roat

77- 102

Summary: Once Jenna has posted photos on Instagram; She starts to get tons of followers and likes. She keeps wondering why she is getting so many until she realizes that all her followers are about being sad because of the hashtag she used.  Vicky is starting to make new friends and is starting to talk to more people at school. Her mother went to the store and bought her a new shirt and skirt. Her mother doesn’t know that Vicky cut, glued, and sewed the skirt for one of her Instagram posts. One day her friend Jenna that Vicky has been ignoring calls the home phone, but Vicky is speechless, so Jenna hung up in disappointment.

Response: I liked this part of the book because Vicky is now becoming more outgoing. I like how the author explained why Vicky was getting so many likes and how Jenna used a disappointing tone on the phone call.  I wonder when in the book Jenna will find out that Vicky has been lying and ignoring her. This is an important part of the book because Jenna is ow starting to get the clue that Vicky is ignoring her. I do not understand why Vicky is so nervous just to talk to someone else. I wonder if Vicky is now starting to regret doing a four people group project by herself.

Sincerely,

Sophia  Sechler

One thought on “Reading Letter

1. Hey Sophia,
    Does it bug you when you have to work in a group and end up doing all the work?? I hate that, especially, when the others are more than capable of helping out.
    MsG