Reading Letter #2 Qtr. 4- Kelsey

Shakespeare’s Secret

By Elise Broach

Pages 243/243

The book that I have just read is called Shakespeare’s Secret. It was a very good book. The main character was a girl names Hero. Her parents love Shakespeare so they named both of their kids after his plays. Hero and her older sister Beatrice are new in town and every body says that the house that they’re moving into has a hidden diamond in side of it somewhere. That makes Hero and Beatrice very curious. There is an old lady next door who knew the people that supposedly left the diamond. She said that she knew them very well. Her name was Mrs. Roth.

One day Hero met this boy named Danny who was a little bit older than her. His dad is a police officer so he knew a lot about the diamond case that happened in Hero’s house. He said that the police did a huge search over the house and could not find the diamond anywhere! He and Hero really wanted to find it!

Then Hero and Danny decided to search the house. They had looked everywhere when Hero remembered that Mrs. Roth had given them a note and told them not to open it until they started their search. The note leaded them to a light on the front porch that you could not turn on. They screwed it open and they saw a little tissue with something wrapped in it. They opened it and it was the diamond!! They were thrilled to have found it!

Then they went over to Mrs. Roth’s to show her. She was amazed at how beautiful it was! They turned it in to the police and every one in the town was happy to have the mystery solved. I thought that this book was very good and I would recommend it to anybody who likes mysteries!

One thought on “Reading Letter #2 Qtr. 4- Kelsey

1. Hey Kelsey! I thought that you did a really good job! I have also read this book, and i thought that you did a terrific job of explaining it. Next time put moreon how you felt about the book. Good Job-Maddie